Owens Express Athletics Hall of Fame
To recognize outstanding athletic alumni who have successfully participated at and represented Owens Community College Athletics.
Main Criteria For Membership (Must meet at least one of these requirements)
- Nominee received postseason athletic honors while attending Owens
- Nominee successfully coached at Owens
- Nominee successfully coached or received honors at an institution beyond Owens
- Nominee is a contributor or supporter of Owens athletic programs
Sub-criteria for membership (must meet all of the following requirements in addition to at least one above)
- Nominee is a solid citizen in the community
- Nominee has successfully completed either a two-year or four-year degree
- Must be two years removed from completion of time at Owens
How to nominate:
- Respective Owens Express athletic teams, alumni, family members or associates may nominate former Owens student-athletes, coaches, administrators and contributors for the Owens Express Athletic Hall of Fame. The nominations will go before the Owens Express Athletic Hall of Fame Selection Committee, which will be formed each year by the athletic director. In the case of outside circumstances, the two-year wait time can be waived by a majority vote of the selection committee.
- Click here
* All items that have an asterisk on the nomination form must be filled out completely in order for the selection committee to properly review the nominee's credentials.
2016 - Stephanie Champine, volleyball player, 2006-07
2016 - Jim Penix, men's basketball player, 1966-68
2016 - Cot Marquette, athletic director and head men's basketball coach, 1966-70
2016 - Jeff Massey, men's basketball player, 1991-93
2016 - Michael Rickard, athletic director, 2000-10
2016 - 1991-92 men's basketball national championship team